If you are site is sitting on second page of Google for more than a couple of months then you fall into the category of most SEO’s today. This situation is typical in today’s SEO world.
In this post we will teach you how to break into first page of Google.
First of all lets’ look into the reason as to why your site is held back into the second page.
Google loves brand. And if your site is not a brand then Google won’t count your site as authoritative.
Yes, most of us are in the belief of just buying a partial domain match and ranking it on 1st page. This no longer will be a viable strategy.
We spoke to Richie Richardson of Omaha SEO Expert Service who guided us on practical tips to break into first page.
- Get local/global citations. Citations is what Google uses to find brands. If you are a business it is common to have registered with local directories.
- Get enough social presence. Again real business are shared and spoken on the social networks. You can easily increase you social presence by running a promotion on Facebook. For instance get some 1k or 2k likes and start sharing practical tips contents which people would love to share. Occasionally, you can also post videos and pictures which further increases shares and likes.
- Build branded links. This is the new algo update of Google. Its not enough to register a branded domain name. You need to build backlinks to your domain using your branded name as anchor text. Don’t purchase links or build PBNs. They longer work. You need to build links from real and legit sites. This will increase your boost. With just few links you can get ranked #1.
- Do not over optimize. Gone are the days when you can rank on a site with just over optimization. Today over optimization is a sin. You need to find balance in your content. Best don’t even optimize. Leave the content to its natural flow of words. The LSI will fall automatically. This way you won’t have to worry about receiving any penalty for over optimization.
- Build Web 2.0s. These are the New Private Blog Networks. They won’t get you penalized and you can safely boost your site through them. for example. build a site on blogger and get a backlink (branded of course) and boost the page with tier 2 backlinks. You will be amazed as to how much higher your site can rise.
- Do Guest posts. Two years back guest post got a bad rep. This was mainly because everyone was doing guest post and Google gave negative rank to the process. Fortunately, the process is still live and kicking. You can rank easily with guest post. Moreover, the backlinks you get through guest posts are niche relevant which commands authority towards your site.
These were some of the tips that we received. Our in house consultants have much more to add. They have to say that web page speed is of prime importance. The reason a page is not breaking into first page could be the page’s loading speed. How fast does a page load?
For best results, a page should load within 1 second. That should be the maximum time.
Secondly. our consultants say that we need to purchase where we wish to rank. For instance, if you are trying to rank in texas then you need a hosting service from texas. This can be the deciding factor for gaining the top spot.
Finally, comes the CTR. Recently, there is a lot of talk about CTR and how it can increase your site’s ranking. It is said that a site ranking in the top 3 position should get at least a CTR of 32% or greater. This is a sign to Google that the site is being searched for by people and loved by them.
An important factor in CTR is the search for Branded term. If someone searches for your brand term then Google is going to count that as a positive signal. As Richie Richardson said to build branded backlinks. our experts recommend to get the brand in people’s head.
In conclusion the answer is that we should consider our site as a brand to rank on first page.